Home Page Menu
Last Modified on:
Matthew D. Friend © 2013
Harriet Carr Harr Short Haas
[ Back to Biographies ]
HARRIET CARR HARR-SHORT-HAAS
April 10, 1827, Hamilton, Butler, Ohio, USA
February 14, 1893, Boise, Ada, Idaho, USA
At her home in this city (Boise) on February 14th. Harriet M., beloved wife of A. Haas, aged 65 years and 10 months. Harriet Carr married three times. Twice becoming a widow.
Idaho Statesman, February 15, 1893, p. 8.
Marriage #1: Sep 16, 1847, Hamilton, Butler, Ohio, USA
,p>ABRAHAM PLATT HARR (b. February 28, 1820; Hamilton, Butler Co., Ohio; d. May 5, 1863, Bentonsport, Van Buren Co., Iowa)
Children of Marriage #1:
- ANNA MAY HARR; b. Nov 14, 1848, Hamilton, Butler Co., Ohio; d. August 18, 1938, Palmyra, Marion Co., Missouri. m. William Henry Keck (1842-1938) May 27, 1866, in Bentonsport, Van Buren Co., Iowa. 7 children.
- CAMILLA JENNIE HARR; b. November 5, 1849, Hamilton, Butler Co., Ohio; d. May 28, 1891, Boise, Ada Co., Idaho. Buried Pioneer Cemetery; Boise, Idaho. m. Henry Conant (1838-1905) May 10, 1871, in Boise, Ada Co., Idaho. No known children.
- CHARLES HENRY HARR; b. April 12, 1851, Bentonsport, Van Buren Co., Iowa, d. March 5, 1919, Anson, Clark Co., Missouri. m. Martha Emma DeGroff (1854-1943) November 16, 1876 in Parnassus, Westmoreland Co., Pennsylvania. 5 children.
- EDGAR HARR; b. abt 1853, Bentonsport, Van Buren Co., Iowa, d. January 23, 1873, Owyhee Co., Idaho in a tragic accident at the Golden Chariot Mine. Never married, no children.
- LAURA FRANCES HARR; b. November 2, 1854, Van Buren Co., Iowa, d. August 7, 1938, San Pedro, Los Angeles Co., California. Buried, Mountain View Cemetery, Fairfield, Camas Co., Idaho. m. John Wesley Minear (1838-1915) December 21, 1875 in Boise, Ada Co., Idaho. 5 children.
- FLORENCE E. HARR; b. April 1856, Waterloo, Blackhawk Co., Iowa, d. after 1910. m. Alonzo L. Spencer (?-before 1900) July 16 1877 in Blaine Co., Idaho. 2 children.
Marriage #2: abt. 1864, Ohio, USA
M. S. SHORT (b. about 1823; d. Between 1868-1870 in Idaho. NOTE: believed to be a miner in Silver City, Owyhee Co., Idaho and died in a mining accident)
Children of Marriage #2:
- HARVEY M. SHORT; b. February 26, 1865, Silver City, Owyhee Co., Idaho, d. August 23, 1932, Boise, Ada Co., Idaho. occupation: Editor, "Idaho Statesman". m. Pauline Steeger (1867-?) June 21, 1893 in Ada Co., Idaho: re-married same persons April 22, 1915 in Boise, Ada Co., Idaho. 2 children.
- EMMA M. SHORT; (Emma Haas) b. January 1868, Silver City, Owyhee Co., Idaho. d. Oct 21, 1950, Boise, Ada Co., Idaho. Buried, Morris Hill Cemetery, Boise, Ada Co., Idaho. m. Henry Henderson (1860-?), a miner from Rocky Bar, October 16, 1888 in Boise, Ada Co., Idaho. Apparently this was a very rocky marriage as they were living apart by 1900. Emma worked and lived in Chicago, Illinois for over 30 years as an Inspector for the Illinois health department and in welfare work. She returned to Boise about 1945 to live out her remaining years. No children.
Marriage #3: November 20, 1872, Boise, Ada, Idaho, USA
AUGUSTINE "August" HAAS (b. August 26, 1832, Oberweier, Lahr, Baden, Germany; d. January 3, 1896, Boise, Ada Co., Idaho)
MARRIED.---In Boise City, Nov. 20, by W. W. Glidden, J.P., Mr. A. Haas and Harriet M. Short. We have the pleasure of acknowledging the receipt of a splendid cake etcetera and wish our old friend and his fair bride a pleasant and prosperous journey through life. It is a late start, but we read, that those who come at the eleventh hour shall receive as much as those who come in at the first. Idaho Statesman (Boise, Idaho), November 23, 1872, p. 3.
Children of Marriage #3:
There were no children born to this marriage, however August Haas spent the remainder of his years as a devoted step-father, helping to raise some of Harriet's children from previous marriage. Especially the SHORT children, Harvey & Emma.
For more information contact Carole firstname.lastname@example.org.